Ok! Have been hearing a lot of noise about wifi connection getting attacked and misused. So thought of writting a small howto for securing home wifi device.
- # Open the configuration of your home wifi device. Generally its done by opening the IP address of your wireless router in the browser
- # Login to this configuration page and go to device setting
- # Change the defaul password of this device, i need not tell you what is called as strong password
- # Go to wireless setting or wireless security setting
- # Select WPA (or WPA-PSK, WPA-Personal, depending on your device model)
- # Put a strong password here too.
- # Done
Remember, one should NOT use “WEP” or “OPEN” configuration
Example screenshots to help you
Obviously this is not 100% security because nothing is 100% secure, But this will surely secure your home wifi from 80% of the attacks.